Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Art Basel



At first view it doesn‘t look special at all. But that‘s just what makes it so unique. She makes a simple black dress look astonishingly beautiful by combining it with very special transparent tights with black dots and stripes made out of a different fabric which I unfortunately can‘t interpret but I guess it is velvet. The cut and the pattern of her dress seems to be quite loose but at the same time it underlines her delicate figure. The spaced out turtleneck and the rolled up sleeves make the dress and the woman look very comfortable. If you look precisely you can see that she wears golden earrings. She chooses her accesories very careful and didn‘t want to ruin the simple look of the dress. So she chose a simple bag with a golden handle matching to her earings. The version of this bag with golden handles and sewing pattern you can see in Karl Lagerfelds newer collections for Chanel.
The „nerd glasses“ are as well pretty stylish. I hope she really needs them and doesn‘t use them only as an accessory.
Maybe its only me having the impression of her being an artist. But when I looked at her hands and how she holds her cigarette there is something delicate and careful in the way she holds it. I‘m a bit dissapointed not having had the chance to ask her what she does because it would have been interesting to know if I was right with my speculation.


No comments:

Post a Comment